Fire Up Summer by Grilling Pork!
As Summer kicks-off and the weather starts to get warmer, it's time to expand your grilling portfolio by trying out some new pork cuts! Pork is a fantastic staple for any summer recipe. Whether it's pork belly, ribs, or chops, all are key cuts when grilling pork this summer.
Pork is tender, juicy, and packed with flavor. By grilling pork the cut remains juicy by cooking quickly. The natural smokiness and char of the grill bring out the sweetness in each pork cut as well.
To make sure your pork is grilled to perfection every time, check out these grilling tips!
Pork Grilling Tips
Easily master grilling pork with these simple tips:
- Grill with a digital meat thermometer and cook whole muscle cuts to an internal temperature of 145° F (+ a 3-min rest) and ground pork to 160° F.
- To prevent pork from sticking to the grate, scrub grates clean and coat with vegetable oil or a nonstick vegetable oil spray prior to using.
- Do not use sharp utensils that may pierce the pork when flipping, as piercing allows flavor-filled juices to escape. Use spatulas or tongs for turning.
- Frequently flipping pork on a cooler area of the grill is better than accidentally burning it on an area that is too hot.
- Sugar-based sauces (many commercial barbeque sauces) tend to burn if applied too early. Baste during the last few minutes of cooking.
Delicious Pork Recipes for the Grill
Enter to WIN a New Grill!
In partnership with the National Pork Board, we are hosting an amazing new giveaway to win a new Weber Grill. Upgrade your grill game this summer with an all-new grill and delicious pork recipes.Blog, Contest, Parties | May 11th, 2021